Wednesday 17 February 2016

What have I learnt from my Audience Feedback











As you can see from the photos above, I received feedback through many media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. I was informed on how well my audience had responded to my Trailer and Poster through the comments written beneath it. Overall the responses were successful and encouraging telling me that it was "really scary".
Another way I gained feedback was during school and over my blogger account where classmates gave me improvements and suggestions on my work so far. All of the responses were really helpful, a common improvement I was given was that in the scene where my protagonist is given the necklace from her step mum the speech isn't very clear and the background soundtrack is too loud. I believe that because this is such a recognisable issue I needed to alter it to make my trailer more enjoyable to watch. On the other hand there were a few comments which I did not think were necessary to apply to my tasks, for example, I was told that my trailer was too short however this was done to create a snappy and fast paced effect. I did not want to reveal or give away too much to my viewers as it would spoil the film. I therefore applied short and suspenseful clips to enhance the horrific genre and create a horrific and uncomfortable atmosphere to keep my audience at the edge of their seats.
Overall I have asked around thirty people from the age of 17 upwards as I wanted to see how the trailer was received according to the age group. On the whole I am aware that my audience who fall under the age category of 40 - 60 found the trailer ineresting and successful as there were characters in it that they found easier to relate to for example the dads behaviour helped them understand his grief and made the relationship between my on-screen character and viewers more personal. However people who watched the trailer and fell under the category of 17 - 20 thought the trailer was really scary because they could imagine it happening in their own houses and the majority of the cast were their age group.











No comments:

Post a Comment