Wednesday 17 February 2016

Build For My Finished Products

What media technologies did I use in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

For the research of my official film website, poster and billboard I used two main media platforms for the majority of my search. Those were YouTube and Google. For the planning towards my poster and billboard I really relied on IMDb, Google and Pinterest for inspiration and sensible ideas that I could incorporate into my own product. By just searching 'horror film posters/billboards' into Google Images a large wide variety of results were supplied to me from both popular movies and small unknown horror films, this made it difficult to pinpoint favourite templates and ideas as some were not relatable to my own product. I therefore searched for the 10 most successful horror films on IMDb and then looked at images of their posters and billboards using Google Images.

When it came to constructing my actual ancillary product for example my poster and billboard I did the majority of the photo editing on IPhoto's edit programme on the MacBook and  when it came to applying text I added the image onto Adobe InDesign.  Surprisingly IPhoto had a large array of tools and appliances that made editing really easy whilst still offering a professional over look. I was able to blur out the unnecessary stuff in the background of each photograph and use the blur and gaussian effect to dilute the image to create that ghostly effect for both image and text. For the writing I was mostly supported by Adobe Photoshop to create that bloody stretched and chaotic writing to construct a sinister and unfriendly finish.

The British Film Institute's (BFI) website and Netflix contributed towards the inspiration for my Ancillary tasks as they showed my film posters and trailers under a large assortment of genres that although did not religiously connect with my own piece but helped give me inspiration, for eg, the image below of Kendall and Kylie Jenner for their Topshop campaign has nothing to do with the horror genre or even film however, the image inspired me to produce my own poster similar to theirs. The idea was to use both Mollie and Lydia's face looking in opposite directions which portrayed her own controlled personality and the one possessed by the curse, not only that but it helps to show the generations affected by its evil.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment