Friday 30 October 2015

Letter Request to film at The White Lion

This is a rough template of what I want to say to Xavier Diers who is the manager of The White Lion Pub on Great Missenden High Street.
However I was unable to find his email address so I therefore had to go into the restaurant to request permission to film in his pub.
After our discussion we came to the agreement that I would be able to bring in some friends and film my scene on Wednesday 5th November, 2015 from 4:00-5:30. Xavier did not want me to come during the restaurants peak times as it would be too difficult for me to film and it may cause some disturbance between his customers. Because I was filming whilst there was no one was around it therefore gave me free range of the entire pub and I was able to control the music and lighting to create different moods. 
The reason why I chose this location is because I was looking for a place that would be able to pass as a fancy restaurant where a hen night would take place. One advantage too filming at Origins is the fact that it is local and therefore easy for both myself and my actors to get there. Also putting into consideration that if I needed to do some more filming it would be easy for us to get there and film more for the clip. 
In Origins they supplied me with a remote that allowed me to control the lighting in the restaurant. I had a choice of Red, Green, Blue, White
Red: The colour of fire and bloods it is therefore associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire and love. 
Green: The color of nature, symbolizing growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional link with safety. 
Blue: The color of the sky and sea and is often associated with depth and stability. Blue can also symbolise trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. 
White: The colour white is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is considered to be the color of perfection. 
I was initially going to chose red as I though it had the right connotations of the horror genre. However because this clip is so early on in my trailer where my character is not yet a total psycho I did not feel that red supplied the audience with a clear understanding of what was happening in that short clip. 
On second hand I did try the red lighting to see how it looked and I don't believe the tiny looked right on the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment